get more fans with social media
Social Media is a great tool to get more fans and reach a larger audience! You don’t have to use every social media platform out there. You should at least create a Facebook Page because most people are on Facebook. Then you might consider getting an Instagram or Twitter. YouTube will be great to add once you start creating videos. If you have a younger audience, you should create a Snapchat as well.
Why You Need Social Media
Industry decision makers and fans can find you through social media. Music Producers can see how many fans you have by looking at your social media accounts. New fans can listen to your music, buy your music, and buy tickets to your show through finding you on social media! Social Media gives you the opportunity to reach a much larger audience for free! Take advantage of it! You need social media, a website, and maybe even a blog!
Top 5 Reasons you Need Social Media
- Fans: Social Media is a great way for new fans to discover you. You should also use it to keep your current fans up to date and in the loop on your music and concerts! You also want to make it easy for fans to find you and your music. The more sites you’re on the better because not every fan is going to be on every site! Social Media also gives you the opportunity to connect more with your fans. The more connected your fans feel to you, the more likely they are to go to your shows and buy your music. Every time you comment back to your fans, go live or acknowledge them in some way on social media, you’re building that relationship with them and growing their loyalty for you. These interactions and you posting about your journey is how you create “super fans”! You want super fans because they will promote you to all of their friends and will buy all of your music!
- Your Image: There will be things online about you that you can’t control. Your social media is a way to combat that and create your personal image for yourself. Take advantage of it!
- Networking: Social Media gives you so many opportunities to meet people that you would otherwise never have the opportunity to meet! These people can be other musicians, music bloggers, people that work at record labels, and people that work at venues.
- Opportunities: This kind of goes in hand with networking, because the more networking you do, the more opportunities you open yourself up to! But you can also find opportunities right on social media! People or venues will post that they’re looking for performers, labels will post when they’re accepting submissions, radio stations will give details on how to submit your music, use social media to open yourself to opportunities!
- Get Discovered: Would Justin Bieber be where he is today if it wasn’t for YouTube? Who knows. But you can’t deny that YouTube helped him start his career. You can get discovered too through social media! So put yourself out there!
In conclusion, if you use social media to share your music and connect with your fans, you’ll consistently get more fans. Fans just want to feel like they’re a part of the music making process.
Not sure what to post on social media? Here are some ideas!