Unfortunately, you can’t just wake up one day and be a famous singer, which is why we created a guide on how to become a famous singer. You have to have natural talent, put in a ton of effort and time into your singing career, and be lucky enough to make it. If you’ve got the talent, and you’re willing to work and potentially still fail, keep reading.
Tips on How to Become a Famous Singer
- Have talent! This should be a given, but it’s surprising how often people forget this. You need talent as a singer and as a songwriter. Think of all the times you’ve seen a video of a singer go viral on YouTube. Everyone shares it because the singer is crazy talented. If you want fans/followers, you need to have talent.
- Practice singing and take vocal lessons.
- Take care of your voice. Rest your voice when your throat is sore. Drink teas and plenty of water. Also, do vocal exercises.
- Write your own music. Singing cover songs can only take you so far in a music career. Truly talented musicians can write their own music.
- Have a unique sound and image. You have to be different to stand out from everyone else.
- Perform live. Performing live is a great way to gain feedback on your music and to gain fans.
- Build a fanbase on social media.
- Create a website and newsletter. Let your fans know when your new music is coming out and when you are performing. This will also cause people to take you more seriously as an artist.
- Last, but not least, you have to have a passion for this industry. If you’re going to try to make it, you’re going to have to put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making it. If you’re not truly passionate about singing, you should choose a different career path.
- Be on TuneGO! TuneGO connects you with industry decision makers that can help you take your music career to the next level.
As you can see, becoming a famous singer is not easy. Even if you do everything above, you’re still not guaranteed to make it. But, perseverance and patience will help you get to the top!