Setting your song as master is the step you take in order to make your song ready for distribution.
You can only “Master” one song per Song Locker and it must be a .WAV file to master it.
Once you set your song as master, your Song Locker will be “locked” and you will not be able to make any changes to it.
To set a song to Master, follow these steps:
- Create a Song Locker for each song on your single/EP/album within the artist. Click “Add New Locker” to add each locker. For each locker, type the locker name, then click “Create a Locker”.
What’s a Song Locker and how do I create one?
- Upload the .WAV files in their respective Song Lockers.
What are the requirements for my audio track?
- Once the file has been successfully uploaded, click on the “^” next to the file name, you’ll see an option to download or master the file.
- Set the file you want on the release as the “Master” in the Song Locker by clicking “Master”.
What does it mean to “Master” my song?
- Enter the Artist Information (Artist Name, Label Name, Track Name, and Release Type).
- Add Genres (Primary and Secondary (Optional)).
What’s my genre and secondary genre?
- Add Featured Artist(s) if necessary.
Who’s my Featured Artist?
- Add Collaborator(s) and select a role for each collaborator if necessary.
Who are my Collaborators?
How do I collaborate on TuneGO?
- Select Primary Language.
- Add Lyrics and mark as Explicit, Clean, or Non-Explicit.
What’s the difference between Explicit, Non-Explicit, and Clean?
- If the song has been distributed before, you will need to enter the existing ISRC. If not, TuneGO will set one for you.
What’s an ISRC?
- Confirm “Master” submission.
You’ll now see a success message that will state the following: Master is created Locker is locked.
Check out our video tutorial below.